Following a fire at Ma Poule Mouillée, a Portuguese restaurant in Montreal, Cadexair was asked to propose an efficient commercial kitchen ventilation system in compliance with the applicable standards.
Cadexair introduced a system that was effective for charcoal cooking in terms of both safety and smoke elimination.
First, to mitigate the risks associated with charcoal cooking, the interior of Cadexair’s commercial hood was equipped with spraying mechanisms to protect the charcoal grill as well as the hood, degreasing section and exhaust duct. A water curtain operated with cold water was also installed inside high-performance Geo-Vary filters to prevent any cinders from entering the ducts where there is build-up of grease particles (which have a high risk of combustion). A Cadexair triple-action biotech self-cleaning device was also installed to minimize the accumulation of grease in the hood’s degreasing section.